Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stephanie's Quirks

My friend Mary tagged me and I am supposed to list 6 of my "quirks". So here they are:

1. I can't stand things to be left out. I have to have my house in order, even if it's late and I'm super tired, I will make sure everything is put away.
2. I can't go to even the grocery store without my hair and make-up on. My family will never let up on me about this, but I say... Get over it, you know how I am already!! :)
3. I have to have lines straight. If a blanket is out where I can see it, then I have to have it folded perfectly straight. Anything like that... Lines on the couch, and the pillows have to line up and sit perfect... I know I know!
4. I count things over and over... Like the granite tiles and lines around my fireplace, I count them everyday and the numbers have to end up on an even number. I count anything in squares basically. I know it's strange!
5. I (like Mary) can't stand to have drawers or cabinets left open, IT DRIVES ME NUTS. Even if it's just a little bit, they have to be shut all the way in every room.
6. Finally I am to the last one... I have to have the doors locked in my house all the time and the blinds are always closed. I'm not sure why, so don't ask. Yes I know and accept that I probably have some OCD issues... Hey at least I can admit it and you'll always have a clean place to sit!! :)

4 comments:

Ethington Family said...

ok, this made me laugh, because I could have added most of these to mine. Minus the hair and make-up thing.
I find that I count. Not usually squares so much, or limited to that. I count my step, or stairs. I also count when I'm doing chores. It was easy to teach my kids numbers because then I just started doing it out loud and made them help. I always figured it was from constant reps, from my weight training days. But I think it stem much furth than that. Love ya, mary

Unknown said...

ha ha. We have alot in common miss Stephanie. You always look gorgeous though. I feel so frumpy when I'm around you.

Amanda said...

That was funny! I am impressed that you shared your oddness. I wish I had some of that OCD. You got all the perfectness and I got all the chaos :)

Ethington Family said...

i came to see you yesterday, but didn't realize you work in the hi-rise. so i missed you. i was going to try and come today, but it doesn't look like it's going to work out today. i'll try for wednesday around 11. i'll talk to you soon. mary