Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of school

Well it's that time of year again... That time of year when staying up late and sleeping in is something of the past. Unfortunately I still went to bed late and got up early, just like every other day, but for the new 4th grader in our home, the early nights and early mornings will take some getting used to. I still can't believe Tyler is in 4th grade. Where has the time gone? I remember when he was first born and I couldn't even imagine him being able to eat a hot dog!! Now he is growing up so fast and turning into quite a "little man". So far he loves 4th grade and reconnecting with friends he lost touch with over the summer. He also loves his teacher. It's fun to see how much he is learning and how far he has come, but sad to realize how fast it's all gone by. He needs his "Mom" less and less, because he knows more and more! I tell my friends I don't have to know very much, because I have one of those kids who knows everything!! I am so lucky to have such a great little boy and for the opportunity to share the life he lives, laughs and loves...


2 comments:

Ethington Family said...

Where did all the time go? I can't believe he is in 4th. Janey is in 3rd and that seems old, but forth grade sounds so much older. I'm glad he's liking school. Today is my kid's first day back, and I wasn't excited to have them gone. I hope they love it though.
mary

Amanda said...

He looks so grown up. Its hard for me to believe that he is that old. I still remember him vividly as a baby. I think that maybe its time for another one.