Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bear Lake


For well over half of my life, my family has gone to Bear Lake every summer. It's something we all look forward to from the moment we get home! There's just something about it far beyond words. If you've never been, I highly recommend putting it on your life's "to do list". Of course I think it takes us all a year to prepare ourselves for living together as one BIG happy family under the same roof. :) Actually despite the few arguments and outbursts it is really so great to all be together. This year was absolutely WONDERFUL. The weather was perfect all week and the kids honestly played from sun up until sun down. My Dad made a great point... He said Bear Lake is the worlds best babysitter. Where else can kids play on a sandy, white beach, swim in water bluer than the bluest sky and boat to their hearts content? I don't think he was speaking only about the kids though. If my Dad had only one day left on this earth, he would gather his family and take us all to Bear Lake. Thank you Dad for all of the wonderful memories you have given our family at Bear Lake and for the generosity of taking us each year. Here are a few pictures of our family livin, laughin and lovin at Bear Lake...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

It was so much fun. Looking at all the pictures it makes me want to be there again. I just learned today that Melanie was there the exact same time as us for the whole week. I wish so bad we could have seen her. Isn't that crazy.

Ethington Family said...

How fun! You all look like you are having a blast. I love your blog and I'm glad you started one! Who is the brown head guy behind you? I don't know him, do I?

:*:Ken:*: said...

I Agree Steph. Bear lake is one of a Kind.... There is just something about it that just emits perfection.

Laura said...

I love Bear Lake! That was the first time I ever saw you without make-up, and you still looked gorgeous! Great memories...